The sharpest of all standard lenses. With the APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH. Leica's engineers have set new standards in imaging performance. This is the first lens ever to fully exploit the capabilities of modern high-resolution camera systems, making no compromises in image sharpness and achieving previously unattainable values in all technical performance characteristics.
Even at full aperture, there is no fall-off at the edges in the MTF curves. Furthermore, the finest details are rendered with more than 50% contrast, enabling sharp images with superb corner-to-corner detail rendition in all photographic situations. The apochromatic correction of the lens minimizes chromatic aberration to ensure natural rendition of every detail.
- Diagonal angle of view: 47°
- Focus range: 0.7 m up to ∞
- Largest reproduction ratio: 1:11.3
- Number of lenses/groups: 8/5
- Length*1: 47 mm
- Weight*1: 300 g
- Lens hood: Built-in, extendable by rotating
- Filter/female thread for screw-on filter: E39