The ideal standard zoom. The Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–90 f/2.8–4 ASPH. is a fast zoom lens with a wide range of focal lengths. Its close focusing limit of 0.3 meters at its wide-angle setting and a maximum reproduction ratio of 1:3.8 at the telephoto end of the range provide fascinating perspectives. Its optical image stabilisation (OIS) compensates for up to 3.5 stops of camera shake.
Of the 18 elements in six moving groups, four are aspherical lens elements and 11 are elements made from glasses with anomalous partial dispersion for the correction of chromatic aberrations. Only one very light element is moved for focusing. Very fast, almost-silent, precise focusing is enabled by a specially developed drive concept comprising a stepping motor and linear positioning. This means that the overall length of the lens does not change during focusing. The rectangular form of the lens hood supplied with the lens very effectively suppresses undesirable reflections and stray light and prevents flare.
- Ideal standard Vario-lens
- High imaging performance from infinity to close-up
- Optical image stabilisation feature
- Selective sharpness opens a world of creative opportunities for a vivid accentuation of subject details
- Fast and silent focusing
- Sealed against dust and splash water
- Leica Aqua-Dura®-coating to protect the outer glass surfaces from dirt and scratches
- Elaborate coating of all lens surfaces efficiently minimzes reflections and stray light
- L-Mount bayonet