As a moderate wide-angle prime, the Leica APO-Summicron-SL 35 f/2 ASPH. is almost a universal lens. Its fast autofocus, robust design and construction and exceptional imaging quality make it an outstanding lens for reportage and a convincing choice for other areas of photography such as architecture, landscapes, portraiture and studio work. It is perfectly matched to the cutting-edge SL-System and has been conceived for a long working life under professional shooting conditions.
The autofocus system shared by the Summicron-SL lenses is fast, precise, and nearly silent. Their outstanding AF performance figures are thanks to the autofocus drive unit they both utilize. These are limited only by the mass of the glass elements moved when focusing; the speed of moving from infinity to the closest focusing distance. In order to preserve the compact dimensions of the lenses, the integration of these components must be perfectly optimized within all design constraints. With a maximum aperture of f/2, the APO-Summicron-SL 35 f/2 ASPH. lens is significantly more compact than even faster lenses, but still allow photographers to work with similar depth of field. The reason for this is contrast: the area of highest contrast is incredibly sharp, while zones with lower contrast are unsharp or beautifully blurred.
The optical system of the APO-Summicron-SL 35 f/2 ASPH. features a total of 13 elements, one of which is an aspherical lens for the correction of monochromatic aberration. For the correction of chromatic aberration, 9 of the 13 elements are manufactured from high-quality special glasses that can only be produced and finished with the most advanced production methods. Their particular optical property, known as anomalous partial dispersion, enables compensation for chromatic aberrations throughout the entire optical system. As a result of this, even highlights in images remain free of colour fringing.
- High performance. Compact size. Ingenious Engineering
- Classic focal length for reportage photography
- Fast and silent focusing thanks to extremely precise autofocus with Dual Syncro DriveTM
- "Made in Germany“ in accordance with highest quality standards
- Prevention of stray light and reflections by high-quality coating and optimised mechanical design
- AquaDura® coating against dust and splash water for the everyday-use under extreme conditions
- The eye recognition is suitable for creative shallow depth of field work and distinct isolation of subject details and portraiture
- Focus range: 0.27m to infinity
- Filter mount: E67
- L-Mount bayonet